WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
100% Cotton, 100% Polyester, or Cotton/Poly blend fabric, iron & board, parchment paper. Scissors & tweezers optional.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
If you pre-wash the fabric do NOT use fabric softener. Dry & iron if necessary. Set iron to hottest setting.
Please be patient and read through all these instructions as well as the tips and tricks. Results will vary based on your iron and clothing items. The optimal temperature on your iron should be between 300-320 degrees Fahrenheit, but since household irons do not show the temperature *usually* the hottest setting works best.
1. Your design will likely be pre-cut. If not, simply trim or cut apart pieces as needed.
2. Pre-iron fabric. This removes wrinkles and releases any moisture in the fabric. Arrange your decal on the fabric with the clear carrier sheet on top.
3. Place a thin towel, piece of fabric, or parchment paper on top of the decal.
4. Firmly press the iron in small sections with strong, even pressure. Hold for 10-15 seconds at a time. Let cool 100%. This is important. Many people get frustrated because they attempt to peel the backing off too soon and find that the decal is not transferring to the fabric. If it has cooled 100% and is still not coming off, try firmly pressing again, for 15-20 seconds at a time, and even try peeling while warm/hot. It could be that your iron is not getting hot enough, or perhaps your type of fabric works better with a warm/hot peel.
If you are pressing for more than 30 seconds (some people have reportedly left the iron on for 5 minutes or more!) then you should try a different iron and/or fabric. It should NOT be that difficult or require that amount of time to transfer.
5. If applicable, repeat for each section of design. If you have additional colors or layers add them over top using the same steps.
For best results we recommend washing your garment inside out on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent and no fabric softener. Hang or tumble dry on low heat. Iron as necessary, either inside out or with a thin towel parchment paper over top.
View more Tips & Tricks when working with heat transfer decals.
Attention Candyland Studio customers: Did you make your maternity skeleton costume using our iron-on decals? We would love to feature you in our section of our website. =) Please and tell us your story!